The Peninha Sanctuary is situated in a compositional gathering formed by the old São Saturnino little church, dating from the time of the establishment of the first Portuguese kingdom, yet these days deserted, and by the sentimental Pentecostal little Palace that takes after a fortress, fabricated in 1918.
Situated in the amazing Sintra’s Mountain run, this high territory gives unbelievable scenes and is a spot for a complete genuine feelings of serenity.
The present Chapel goes back to the seventeenth century XVII, to the period when a loner looked for asylum here, in the spot where, as per the neighborhood legend, the Virgin Mary had showed up in the sixteenth century.
Inside the Chapel there is an arrangement of boards speaking to scenes of the life of the Virgin Mary, by diverse creators. Different boards have representations of the Pentecost.
The fundamental house of prayer has marble insides, the platform incorporates different engravings made by explorers and the high sacrificial stone has a Baroque improved board with winding segments and the dividers secured in a Florentine mosaic.